As part of our series on which suppliers we recommend for your wedding at Charlton Hall, we’re putting the spotlight on wedding photographer – Lee Scullion, who shares his thoughts on our cheeky new wedding venue, alongside a selection of his fantastic photographs of Charlton Hall.
Lee specialises in UK & destination wedding photography, traveling to some of the most incredible & remote destinations in the world, experiencing different cultures and capturing unique love stories. With his timeless, refined and fashionable work featured in many leading publications, Lee is certainly a sought after photographer and one we are proud to recommend.
“In addition to being beautiful I want my work to have heart and have style without sacrificing substance.”
We asked Lee:
1. What were your thoughts during your first walk around our fabulous venue?
Fun, inviting, creative, calming, hectic, whats in that room, whats next, I need to go back in that room, hello George the giraffe!
2. How does Charlton Hall differ from other venues you have photographed?
The vibe is certainly far from casual, each room creates a mood. It feels more like home than a hotel, well furnished but still very light and airy.
3. Which is your favourite room in the hall and why?
I would have to say the lounge, simply because of the cherub ceiling…oh and the marble & gold coffee table, which by the way might go missing..*wink wink*. I am excited to see guests milling around the grounds as well.
4. Now you have uncovered the wonder of Charlton Hall, how will you approach shooting weddings here?
I have a relaxed style, so milling around and acting a fool is a given, but I approach each wedding with a certain structure and it will be no different at Charlton Hall. I am, however, excited to see how my signature bridal portraits will look at Charlton Hall, in and around the venue…so much scope!
5. What is your approach when photographing a venue?
I prefer to shoot interiors using natural light. Also, rather than shooting a wide overall image I tend to focus on tighter areas, leaving the reader wondering and interested for more.
6. With so many vibrant colours, clashing textures and statement artwork in our spectacular hall, how did you decide which details to focus on?
The venue has been carefully designed right down to the last cushion. It was easy for me to hone in on the obvious areas of interest, lots of colour, textures and interesting objects. You know it will be a blast of fun for guests when they stay.
7. How do you feel about being selected as a the first recommended supplier for Charlton Hall?
I feel very lucky, honoured and excited.
8. We love the shoot you did for our brochure! Which would you say is your favourite photograph and why?
It’s an obvious one as it has been used quite a lot in recent posts. It has to be the historic painting cultivated and ruined by magenta dripping paint above the fireplace. It reminds me of Banksy and the forever growing street culture in today’s cities.
Get in touch with Lee to book your wedding photography email@example.com | 07756117313
You can see more of Lee’s awesome work on his website leescullion.com or follow him on: Instagram
You might also like
- Blooming Marvellous – Bride & Bloom of Belsay
- Requesting the pleasure of the company of Victoria’s Paperie
- Crowning the Flower Queen – Floral Queen
- Indulge, Pamper and Relax with Beau Monde